Gmail 2-Step Verification : Gmail is one of the world’s largest and widely used free email service owned by Google Inc., As we all know, Google mail in short referred as Gmail. Earlier there are so many free email services used by many people. But after the evolution of www.Gmail.com in the year 2004, many people got adopted to Gmail within a short span because of its immense features, which are not available in any of the free email service available in the market. Surpassing Yahoo! and Hotmail, now Gmail is top free email service in the world, used by more than one billion in the world.
What makes Gmail world’s top email service provider ? Gmail has many advanced features with a simple concept, which makes even a common man can make the best use of this. With one Gmail, you can access all Google products and we know, Google has many popular products, which literally became a part of our life. A few of them are Google Drive, Google Maps, Google Adsense, Google Analytics and much more. Hence people started liking Gmail over Yahoo Mail and Hotmail.
When you grow higher, you’ll get big responsibilities. Isn’t it? As the Gmail is big, Google has a huge responsibility to protect their user data. However, it is our primary duty to protect our data. With a perspective to help people to keep their Google accounts safe, today I have come up with this post “How to Enable 2-step verification in Gmail“.
How To Enable Gmail 2-Step Verification
Do follow the below-given steps to enable 2 step verification in gmail
- First of all, login to your gmail account
- Later visit, myaccount.google.com
- In that, select Sign in & Security option
- now you will be taken to a page, where you’ll have several security precautions. simply go to
Password & sign-in method, there you can see 2-step verification section.
- Click on 2-Step Verification. you will be taken to a page, where it explains the benefits of 2-step verification.
- Click on Get Started
- Now you will be asked to enter your Gmail password. Enter your password and click next
- Then you’ll be asked to enter your mobile number for verification. Enter your mobile number and submit.
- Now you’ll get OTP on your mobile number. Enter the OTP in next page and click next
- After OTP verification, you’ll get a message onscreen saying “It worked! Turn on 2-Step Verification?”.
Click on Turn On to enable 2-step verification.
you’re done! It’s very simple to enable Gmail 2-step verification.
2-step verification in Gmail is an additional security layer to your Gmail. It’ll alert in case if an anonymous person tries to log into your account. This will protect your Gmail from hackers. There are quite benefits of enabling this feature. Do not hesitate to use this feature.
The major drawback of this feature is, you always need to carry your registered mobile number to access your Gmail account. Every time you log in, you will get an OTP. In case if your device is turned off, and you want to access your Gmail Account, then you can’t access it without an OTP!